Belly fat is possibly the most stubborn fat we carry, and notoriously difficult to eliminate. It is also painfully visible fat, uncomfortable and unpleasant to live with. The 7 Day Belly Blast Diet claims, as others have before, to lose belly fat at the rate of 11lbs in just 7 days. This review examines the diet program, the thinking behind it, and sums up the advantages and disadvantages for you.
The 7 Day Belly Blast Diet was developed by Josh Bezoni, a nutritionist who himself suffered the indignity of stubborn belly fat. The diet is a strategic eating program that addresses the three main causes of excess belly fat.
Chronic stress and eating the wrong foods causes a hormone imbalance, resulting in fat-storing hormones such as cortisol being released in your body, while fat-burning hormones are turned off. The 37 foods that 7 Day Belly Blast Diet says you must eat to eliminate belly fat have been found to decrease the amount of cortisol released, if they are eaten at specific times during the day.
The diet also addresses the problem many calorie cutting diets cause – that of a slow metabolism. Because the body reacts to a decrease in calories by slowing down your metabolism to store food and fat, constant calorie cutting can in fact cause you to pick up weight. The 7 Day Belly Blast Diet recommends that you eat almost constantly to maintain a high metabolism, leading to consistent and rapid weight loss.
Apart from the addictive qualities of some modern foods, the lack of nutrients and amount of preservatives can cause bloating, excess water and a build up of what Josh Bezoni calls ‘toxic waste’ in your digestive system. The 7 Day Belly Blast Diet, with its 37 special foods, helps to eliminate that toxic waste from your system. This not only makes you feel much better, it also helps your digestive system to function properly, helping with weight loss.
The diet is based on eating the 37 foods that help burn belly fat at a specific time during the day. Some foods contain calories that are used up almost instantly in the process of digesting other foods, and those foods are included in your list of good foods too. There are certain bad foods that you must eliminate from your diet as well. Several people who have tired this diet stated that the eating plan was easy to follow, and they did not feel hungry or have cravings while on the diet.
Using a ‘Calorie Confusion’ method, you will change your calorie intake every 7 days. This keeps your metabolism working at top speed, because the change prevents your body getting used to the new calorie intake, slowing your metabolism down as a result. This does not mean that you have to count calories and weigh every morsel of food – the plan helps you quickly work out how to change your calorie intake without much fuss – a benefit several users mentioned in their testimonials.
The diet specifically targets internal belly fat, difficult to eliminate with exercise and normal weight loss diets. Internal belly fat is not only unsightly and uncomfortable – it leads to an increase in the incidence of heart disease, stroke, diabetes and other serious diseases. Testimonials from people who have used the 7 Day Belly Blast Diet indicate that it does indeed target belly fat with success.
The 7 Day Belly Blast Diet is not recommended for people who want to lose a pound or two – it is specifically designed for those who are carrying a fair amount of excess belly fat that they want to eliminate quickly and efficiently. The diet includes a manual with step-by-step instructions on how to implement all the tricks as well as a maintenance plan to prevent rebound weight gain. There is a quick start guide for easy reference, and a success tracker to keep you motivated and measure your progress. A handy pre-program checklist helps you prepare properly for the diet, and includes a grocery list so you can start the diet well-prepared.
While belly fat is notoriously difficult to shift with sit-ups and run-of-the-mill abdominal exercises, this diet plan includes a number of different exercises designed to specifically target internal belly fat. Although certainly not an all-round workout, the exercises are included to help tone your muscles as you lose the belly fat, leaving you with the six-pack abdominals you’ve always wanted.
If you want to shift several pounds of belly fat quickly, the 7 Day Belly Blast Diet seems to be all it is made out to be. Using scientific evidence to select specific foods that will burn belly fat, Josh Bezoni seems to have helped many people lose belly fat with this diet.
- This diet targets belly fat specifically, and although you can expect to lose weight in other areas of your body, it is not a general weight loss program.
- The diet is recommended for people with at least 10 to 20 pounds of belly fat, if not more. If you just want to lose a few pounds all over, this is not the diet for you.
- Drastic weight loss like the 11 lbs in 7 days that is claimed by this diet is not generally considered healthy, and often leads to rebound weight gain. The maintenance plan should help with this though.
- The exercises target the belly – if you want to tone the rest of your body you will have to find another exercise routine.
- There are no radical restrictions on this diet. You have to eat the 37 foods that target belly fat and eliminate the bad foods that cause it, but you do not have to cut out entire food groups.
- Although the diet is based on a change in calorie intake every 7 days, the diet is not as difficult as calorie-counting programs to maintain.
- You won’t feel starved on this diet, as you are encouraged to eat ‘all day long’.
- This diet can help you change your eating habits for a healthier lifestyle.
- This highly targeted diet plan helps you lose the fat from your belly.
- The maintenance plan is very useful.