In order to grow taller faster, it is crucial that we eat the right things and make sure that we don’t have deficiencies of the nutrients that contributes to height growth. I’ve gathered the 5 nutrients that are vital in a grow-tall diet; so that you can make sure you eat foods that make you grow taller!
- Calcium is a mineral, and is important for your bones and teeth. Approximately 90% of the calcium in your body is found in your bones and teeth. Calcium is important early in life, as it provides stronger and healthier bones. When we grow older, it is important because it keeps the bones strong. Calcium is found in milk and other dairy products, which are foods that make you grow taller. If you are lactose intolerant, you can get calcium as supplement, or you can get orange juice with added calcium.
- Vitamin D is important because it enables the body to absorb calcium more effectively. Without being able to absorb the calcium, there is no point in eating it. Vitamin D is found in fatty fish species such as mackerel and tuna, egg, and animal liver. When your skin is exposed to direct sunlight, the body also naturally produces vitamin D.
- Proteins are the nutrients that build muscle and tissue. They are built up of amino acids, which are essential to all animals. The body can make these essential amino acids itself, but must get some from the diet. Proteins are found in most meats, eggs, nuts and dairy products such as milk or cheese. The protein should replace a lot of the carbohydrates in your diet such as rice, pasta and bread because they are not foods that make you grow taller.
- Make sure you have enough of the mineral zinc. This mineral helps with cell growth, and also helps with height growth. This is found in most meats, seafood, eggs and whole-grain products.
- Vitamin A is an important vitamin for cell growth as well as having healthy skin, hair and tissues. Vitamin A is found in yellow and dark green vegetables like broccoli, spinach, carrots and sweet potatoes. It is also found in animal liver, milk, butter, cheese and eggs.
Make sure to include these 5 nutrients in your diet, because they are the foods that make you grow taller. Along with a good stretching exercise plan, and maybe some growth supplements, you will be well on your way to reaching your height goals!